Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What's a Larghter?

Wow, that last post was long!

You probably didn't read it, did you? I don't blame you - I wouldn't have read it either. Long is COMPLICATED.

That's why I'm going to make this post nice and tidy short. What's a Larghter, you ask? Good question. In a few years, it'll be a global phenomenon. But for now...

I'm a gamer. Like, a super-nerdy gamer. So much of a nerd gamer, in fact, that I play pen and paper RPGs.

If you don't know what those are, then you probably don't want to know. It might make you 7.3 percent nerdier than you already are. I won't abide that - we all need our dignity.

Stay with me, I'm going somewhere. When I started playing Wow two and a half years ago, I was running a Vampire: The Masquerade game. I named a player's sire Larghter, so when my 10-day trial Wow account asked me to name my newly created Warrior, the name Larghter was fresh on my mind. I gingerly typed the letters into the box and the rest is history.

How did I come up with the name? I have no idea - it has a french origin, in the made-up linguistics part of my mind. It also makes me think of butter.

Read my next post, or redneck repo men are going to mistake you for Eugene L. McMerret and spray burning streams of unmerciful pepper into your eyes when you resist their attempts to take your min-van.

No comments:

Post a Comment